The Wright Way

The Wright Way

Saturday, April 20, 2013

My New Project

I have been working for some time now on a new book project which is something of a departure from my usual methodology of book construction. The project is, essentially, writing a work of fiction - based upon an inspirational theme.
 
Guidance
 
So why, for this, have I departed from the 'article-based' writing style I have used, and enjoyed using, over the past few years. Well, interestingly, I've been guided to it from various directions, and from numerous perspectives.
 
Similarly, the guidance is both outer and inner.

The outer is from several revered friends and mentors, who have alluded with enthusiasm and fascination to the story telling I have used not only in those articles and article-based publications, but also in the way I weave those stories into coaching, mentoring, presentations and conversations.
 
I cannot disagree with this since I have my own fascination with metaphor, metaphorical language and representation, metaphorical thoughtscapes, and expanding them all into vast multi-sensual structures woven onto a network of narrative. Is that story-telling? Perhaps so.
 
It is also part of, and is bound up with, performance - and as performance, like that, is all about what I work on with clients, then this changing of style is not so much a quantum leap or a huge sideways step - but rather more like a development of a style already used on a smaller scale.
 
 
The inner guidance is about being drawn towards further utilising the inherent power of  language and narrative to shift our perceptions, to alter our levels of and abilities to focus our consciousness.
 
For me, hypnosis is all around us, is part of our everyday life, and that it sits well within and around what we might call reality and imagination. Since we make up our reality, and we make up our imagination, it seems straightforward to me that this entire domain of our existence functions in a manner that - until now - we have come to label as "hypnotic".
 
Tinted spectacles
 
This could all be my own particular flight of fancy, of course - so I would always invite readers, listeners, clients et al, to bear that in mind. We are all wearing our own particular sets of tinted spectacles in a sense. So when our worlds collide and you might wonder why yours is not totally to your satisfaction in some respects, then you might be interested in trying on my spectacles - if only just to notice how different everything can now appear to be, seem to feel.
 
 
I am also reminded here of some of the intricacies I brought to the stage when performing 'comedy songs' many years ago. Every movement, every action within the 'performing narrative' had a purpose. They were all part of the story, all part of guiding the participants in the audience through some other part of their own hypnotic landscape - wearing the set of tinted spectacles I'd lent them of course!
 
 
This project - this, as yet, unnamed work of inspired fiction - is laid out upon a canvas. The thing is - all canvasses are different, and there is always a need, if there is to be a better overall understanding, to describe that canvas.
In Part 1, The Scene, I describe the canvas in about as much detail as I can muster, and in every way where I feel there is a purpose.
 
At this stage I have only published it in spoken form, with an additional visual and auditory background acting in the style of "continuo" in some musical constructs from the Baroque period.
One of the benefits of presenting it in spoken form is to make use of the patterning within the language - a patterning that sometimes can actually come across better in sound than in the written word.
Having said that - the way most of us read is to verbalise the words on the page (consciously or unconsciously) to ourselves on the inside. In this regard, the language patterning effects still apply!
 
I'd invite you to click on the link below and have a listen! Borrow my tinted spectacles for the journey and notice what else you might get.
I'd also appreciate all comments and feedback on what YOU encounter as "The Story So Far..." 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: