The Wright Way

The Wright Way

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cloud Technique - even partially!

Since discovering (thanks to Nigel Hetherington) the practical uses of the Cloud Technique, which was initiated by Kevin Creedon, I have used it fully and also partially for a number of clients – each time causing an immediate and positive outcome.

On our recent course integration day, I was taking the role of practitioner for my client partner. She had long experienced some issues with confidence in the areas related to matters academic, and so I worked with her in exploring these.
I chose to use a Swish Pattern to replace these feelings with positive, confident ones and embarked upon the process after eliciting all the respective submodalities of how she presented things to herself.

The Swish was 90% effective but there remained a vestige of the representation of the ‘academic downsides’. It was one of those moments when if you stop and try and think your way round a problem then you are likely to be derailed, sunk or something equally un-useful. Bravo to the unconscious – who came to the rescue!
This vestige was “like a small but dense dark grey/green cloud” still up there to the left in her visual space.
Using part of the Cloud Technique, I “grabbed” hold of the clouded vestige and said, “I’m going to throw it out of the window – if that’s ok with you?” She replied it was, so, after making sure that I had got hold of all of it, and that there wasn’t anything left behind, I threw it out of the window and off into the distance where it duly “evaporated”.
“How do you feel about academic, now?” I enquired. She said she was happy to be rid of the negative feelings and, physiologically, this too was obvious.

My previous bloggings about the Cloud Technique are in the Blog Archives or you can contact Nigel Hetherington on his website Communicating Excellence at:-

http://www.communicatingexcellence.com/2009/11>

No comments: