The Wright Way

The Wright Way

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Like >> To >> Dislike .... And why the white plate?

Whenever I find myself dealing with removing particular food cravings for clients, by mapping them across to ones they have a certain revulsion to - there seems to be something of a recurring theme...or even a recurring dream, as someone once said to me.

It started when I noticed my own 'repulsive' foodstuff when I had my devouring of Jaffa Cakes habit removed by the power of NLP!! This was when my Like (Jaffa C's) was mapped across to my Dislike (kidneys). My kidneys image included a white plate - the raw kidneys rested, almost regally, on a beautifully pure and pristine white plate.

In ALL the times I've used the technique since, each client has put their Dislike food on a white plate! Now they all volunteered this information without any prompting from me - but I did ask last week's particular client about the significance of the white plate for her. She said it seemed to offset her specimen food (octopus) very well, and in a vibrantly compelling way - which was an answer that resonated with me (and my kidneys)!

I shall give updates on the progress of collecting this data in the months to come. I can't see this just being coincidence, however!

(Mapping Across is a technique within NLP using submodalities)

No comments: