The Wright Way

The Wright Way

Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Magic of Podcasts and Sharing!

One of the really beneficial things about the Internet and social media is the level of sharing of ideas, experiences and data that comes about through building a great network of friends and followers.

I feel I'm particularly blessed with my extended network because although I live in a beautiful corner of the world it is a very quiet one, and if it was just down to interacting with those few folk whom I meet and work with in person, then my life would not be as enriched as it is right now.

Part of that enrichment came a few days back when a good friend Anthony Jacquin (who I have met) posted on Facebook a link to the website of Antonio Perez at Hawaii Hypnosis - who also shares a lot of mutual friends with me, but with whom I was not yet connected.

The link was about a podcast - an interview with Magician James Brown. I first saw James on the DVD of the Change Phenomena Conference 2010 presenting magically, both literally and metaphorically.
Knowing James (although yet to meet him) I thought, "Mmmm - this could well be very interesting," so I followed the link and first enjoyed the video of James on the Hawaii Hypnosis site before launching myself into the podcast.

When it started I noticed it was quite lengthy - "but no matter," I thought,"as I can pause and come back if I need to." Happily this need didn't materialise and I became really absorbed in the conversation, the fascinating exchange of ideas, the trains of thought, the useful nuggets for me to slot away somewhere in my referential library.
To be fair, I'm used to and fond of the interview as a listening forum, because there's so much more to be got than just ideas from the people involved. There's talking style, interaction style, and some real insightful clues that people give about the nature of how and what makes them tick.

At the end of my listening I just thought, "Wow - I must post this up for my friends and followers and so participate in the dissemination process of information sharing. For that's the very reason how I came to know about it."

So - many thanks to Antonio Perez for the podcast, connecting with me and continuing the chain of threads and strands of shared knowledge and information! The Link to his website and the podcast with James Brown is here:-

http://www.hawaiihypnosis.org/podcasts/magician-james-brown-on-hypnosis-and-magic/

No comments: